Tuesday

Arrival in Beautiful SA

My flight was really long from Montreal to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Joburg, but when I got here I knew that it would be great. I met the landlord, or so you call her, Mrs. Lindeque.. who turned out to be alittle crazy. The next few days were so hot out and I met lots of other internal students, most of which are from Holland. All great people though.

We then began our orientation week, where we got a tour of the campus, which is the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. It is full of beautiful gardens, amazing architecture, and artistic sculptures.

After this we visited sites in and around Pretoria including the Steirkenstoff caves, or the Cradle of life which is the site that is believed to be where humankind originated from linking us to apes. Travelling to Freedom Park, a monumental site to commemorate those who struggled for freedom in SA.

Later to the township of Soweto where we drove down a street named Villa de Casa and saw Nelson Mandela's house, as well as the Hecter Peterson momument.

That is all for now and I will keep you all updated

No comments: